Monday 13 July 2009

Seriously, Malay for Math and English?

"Governments should realize that it is not they that control the people, but is it the people that controls the government."

What. The. Hell?!

I'm sure that most to all Malaysians already know this, but to any international readers, I'm gonna fill you in. The "brilliant" government (note my sarcasm) has decided to change Math and Science, which previously was taught in English, to be taught in Malay. Why the Hell would they even consider that?! English is a language of the world, the lingua franca, if you will, and if we learn important international subjects in Malay, how are we, the future generation, going to be able to cope? After learning in Malay, when we go to college, we'll still need to learn it in English again. Don't you think that it's a big hassle? Our future is at risk, here!

Okay, so maybe I wrote this post a little too late, but meh. It's my blog!

*Ahem* Anyways, I created a petition for those that want to keep it in English. Sadly, though, there's only like, 43 signatures. (To all Malaysian students, I urge you to sign it, and to spread the word of it. There's a link on the top right of my page, above the visitor counter; click on that)
Oh, I forgot to mention, the Math and Science in Malay thing won't be implemented until 2012. Sure, sure, my batch won't get the problem of learning it in Malay. Neither will most students now, if you think about it. But do you really think it wise to put the future of Malaysia (via the newer generation) at risk all because of politics? Politics and education should be separated, for God's sake!

Yes, you read right. It's all about the politics. Every 4 or 5 years or so, when someone new steps in, the education system will change. The most annoying part is that Malay, our mother tongue, will change as well. It gets so confusing, that even teachers get confused about what they're teaching!

Right, in other news, did I mention that I got a new computer? Yeah, I did. It's so fast, and I love it! As you might not know, I'm a player of RuneScape, and on this computer, I can finally use high detail. You have no idea how beautiful it is. (By the way, I got this computer quite a while ago; just decided to blog about it now. Heh)

Hm, I actually don't know what to type about. Maybe it's because it's 12:38 AM, and I have school tomorrow. Nah, I've stayed up later than that and still could type more things. Maybe I'm just not used to blogging again yet. Yeah, yeah, that's probably it...

School. Time to talk about school.

Since we're already on our second semester of the year, the teachers decided that we had to rearrange our schedules. Why? Don't ask, because I don't know, either. I thought the old schedule worked quite well, but meh, I'm not a teacher so I guess there's something I don't know about. Hey, remember I mentioned something about TrEES in my last post? Well, a few of us went to this workshop thing a few days ago, and we got a crash course on how to run the campaign to promote the Selangor State Park. One of the girls from Sri Aman that was there was kinda cute, but, like most Sri Aman girls, she was too gedik (a Malay word that loosely translates to "so girly girl-like that it's nauseating") for my liking.

We've got loads of ideas on what to do, but I can't be bothered to type them up now. I guess it'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Or whenever else I'm going to blog next.

Right.

I want to type more, but bed is calling me.

Salut
,

~Joshy~

P.S. I might be starting the next semester of my French class this or next week.

1 comment:

LuqCrusher said...

I think for the first time, I agree with you. Haha.

But seriously, I all-out, 100%, no doubt agree with you, on not changing back to Malay.

I mean, sure, it's our mother-tongue, and you want the peeps from kawasan pedalaman to pass, but like what you said, what about when we leave to college?

I heard from a friend that a poll states that 85% of malaysians want it back to Malay. In fact, another of my friend's mother was cursing after she heard the news. Lol.

Hope that petition gets more signatures.

Powered By Blogger

Why "Flawed Perfection"?

I chose "Flawed Perfection" because nice ones such as "Honest Lies" and "Organized Chaos" were already chosen. In fact, Flawed Perfection was already chosen as well, but among all my ideas, this one was my favourite.

I like the reminder that everything is flawed perfectly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed