Sunday 11 May 2008

Now, about my trip...

"Remembering things is easy. The only reason people think it's hard is because they have a bad memory. Or amnesia."

Hey guys! Missed me? Didn't think so. Haha, well, I have a reason why I haven't been posting for a while. My exams are coming up, and I've been studying. Yeah, right. Playing games is more like it! So, yeah, I'm just ditching studying to blog about my exciting life.

Umrah was pretty much indescribable. The things we did and the places we went... How do I start? Well, I'll just begin wherever I want to. Which means I guess I'll start from when we got off the plane to Madinah. Not sure if I spelled that right. Hopefully I did.

When we went there, we managed to visit the Masjid Al-Nabawi. We managed to see Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)'s tomb. One again, it was indescribable. Dang it, I can't really tell you how it was. It pretty much was amazing.

The "trip" really taught me humility. The reason is because to do Umrah at Makkah (which we did 3 times, by the way) guys are not allowed to wear anything that's stitched. So we can't wear any kind of clothes. What did we wear to cover up? Towels. Long long towels. The only thing keeping it up was a belt. If that couldn't teach me humility, I don't know what will.

Anyways, we did the Umrah in that condition. We had to walk around the Ka'bah 7 times to cleanse up of our sins. (Being so close to the Ka'bah was touching. I remember me and my sister crying) Then we have to walk from Mount Sa'fa to Mount Mawar to symbolise the walking of Prophet Abraham (Ibrahim)'s wife, looking for water for Prophet Ishamael (Ismail) while he was a baby. Finally, the cutting of the hair. I'm not sure what's that supposed to be for, so I'm not going to put something random in it's place.

Yeah, other than that, and praying, we pretty much just shopped. A couple of weird and odd things happened while we were at Makkah. They happened to me, anyways. Not sure about the rest of my family. Like, when we were doing the Tawaf (the part where we walk around the Ka'bah 7 times), and when my Dad was trying to get me to the Hajar Aswat (the holy stone), two guys suddenly came and helped us, talking in Malay. I was thinking, "Okay... How did they know we talked Malay...?" But because of them I got to kiss the stone. So all I can say is Alhamdulillah (thank's to God).

Another thing that happened is when my brother and I were waiting for our Dad to take his ablution so we could take it (we were watching after the stuff we just bought), and a guy came up to us, gave us some sticks (the ones that they used to use to brush their teeth during Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him]'s time), and said something about loving and thanking God. But what was weirder was that it seemed like he was looking for us. You can see it on his face.

But the most weirdest thing of all is when the marble around the Ka'bah was heated by the extremely hot Sun during the afternoon, and yet when you stepped on it it still felt really cool. At times it even felt like it was very cold. In the hot streaking Sun!

Meh, I guess that's all I can talk about my trip to Makkah and Madinah. Besides, I have an exam I'm supposed to be studying for. I'll probably fail Religious Studies because I haven't studied at all yet, and the paper is tomorrow. Wish me luck! I'm really going to need it.

Till next time,

~Josh the Joshster~

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Why "Flawed Perfection"?

I chose "Flawed Perfection" because nice ones such as "Honest Lies" and "Organized Chaos" were already chosen. In fact, Flawed Perfection was already chosen as well, but among all my ideas, this one was my favourite.

I like the reminder that everything is flawed perfectly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed