Thursday 24 July 2008

Something unbreakable was almost broken

"Don't listen to what other people say. Sing your own song, dance to your own beat, say your own lines and laugh at your own jokes. Live life your way, so don't take this advice just because I told you to."

Not asking her out is turns out to actually be a really good idea. Oh, right, you don't know about it.

Well, when I was in Standard 3 (or 4, the details are sketchy), I made a vow to myself to not date anyone unless I found the one. The reason? I want her to be my real and true soulmate. Not just some girl that I'd probably breakup with after a few months, weeks, days, dates and etc. Until now, I don't think I've really found her yet, so if I asked her, my vow would be broken.

Which is why it's a good thing I changed my mind. Now you're probably wondering how I'd know who the one is? Well, that's easy. She'd make me feel different than if I was with anyone else. I'd do things that are degrading and humiliating (because if she really IS the one, she wouldn't make me do anything like that), and I wouldn't even have to know her to feel that "chemistry" that you only get with really close friends.

Though, my cousins and parents are skeptical about this. They have this really weird idea that I can only find the one after dating a lot of girls. That way I could quote my Mum, "know what I like and what I don't like", unquote. Yes, that's why she wanted to set me up on a blind date.

Seriously, though, I'm interested to know how the one will look like. Another sure sign is that my family and friends will love her. Also, we'd be total opposites yet have everything in common. Aaah, it's hard to explain that one, really actually. Plus, I'll just know.

Alright, enough about that. I have to mention that I won't be posting this weekend (which is why I'm posting today. I'm supposed to be redoing my stupid History Folio (for some reason, I got it back twice while everyone in my class only got it back once - how is that fair?!).

I'll be at a camp this weekend, and I'm really reluctant to go. It's not because it's an Islamic camp - that's the aspect that I'm interested in - no, it's just that I don't like camps. Don't ask why, I just don't. It's not because I had a bad camping experience when I was younger (I didn't) or because I don't know how to camp (look, I may be a city boy, but I act like a village kid; I just prefer technology. Ha ha). It's just that... Actually, I don't have any actual reason why. At least my consolation is that I won't have to go to school this Saturday. We're having extra classes. I don't have anything against learning, but school doesn't let me go to my full potential. Besides, when are we ever going to need to know certain things such as how to find the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle?!

Wow, what started as a "It's a good reason I'm not going to date" post is quickly becoming my regular ramblings. Meh, must be my natural instinct to write. Ha ha! Nah, I was just joking about that. Unlike what people think, I don't brag (except to brag about me not bragging. But that's a different whole 'nother story)

To everyone reading, I need to ask. In this aspect, am I normal? No, not the "bragging" thing. It's just that, when it comes to music, I prefer songs from the old days. Songs by ABBA, Air Supply, Westlife, Dawn, to name a few. Songs such as "Super Trouper", "Every Woman In The World To Me", "Fool Again", "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree" and etc. At 15 years of age. As a teenager, is that normal? Because except for certain songs and bands, the ones with great lyrics or exceptional music respectively, I'd rather listen to these "Oldies", as my generation puts it.

To be frank, music nowadays are going downhill. There's more style than substance. Except for those especially nice ones, the ones with deep meanings like OneRepublic's "Apologize" (to those of you that don't know, it's by OneRepublic, not Timbaland. Timbaland ruined it when he remixed it), about a guy that no longer will accept his girlfriend's apologies anymore. Or emotionally meaningful ones like Sum 41's "Address This Letter (Dear Father)", which is about a guy whose Dad left him when he was a kid, and he wants to tell his Dad that he (the guy) wishes he (the Dad) never left, but he's being just fine without his Dad.

Yes, my generation has lost the true meaning of quality music. How can people listen to eardrum damaging songs that not only not make sense, but if they do make sense, it's about something totally irrelevant to life.

Wanna know what I hate about my "peers"? They think that music by groups and/or bands like the ones stated above are "mushy love songs". Yes, they're love songs. Yes, sometimes they're mushy. But have you actually took the time to actually listen to them? Try listening to Dawn featuring Tony Orlando's "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree". It's about a guy, who, after three years of being in prison, sends a letter to his lover that if she still loves him, she must tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree. If she doesn't, he'll take the hint and leave, as well as take the blame. When he sees the tree, however, he sees one thousand yellow ribbons! The song is about true love. If you don't like that concept, then you're nothing but a cynical being. Not worth being called a human.

Or how about Air Supply's "Every Woman In The World"? I want you guys and girls to actually listen to that song. And actually listen to the lyrics. If you can honestly say that it was the worst piece of merde that you've ever heard (mind my French), then, well, you honestly don't deserve my attention nor respect. I'm not saying I'm better than you, but I am saying that I don't want to waste time on people like this.

Oh my God, French is so freaking hard to learn! But man, once you know how to say certain things, it feels really good. So now I'm going to change my endings. I won't be using "Till next time" anymore. I'm just letting you know. Alright, I've gotta go now. Homework and all.

Salut,

~Josh the Joshster~

P.S. Aboo, my pet monkey, got interviewed by the school newspeople. More on that next time.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I agree completely with everything you said about music. But to be perfectly honest with you, I don't think the whole "waiting around for the one" thing is setting your expectations pretty high. You of all people should know that "the one" will have flaws, because of your well-reasoned flawed perfection concept. Cheers!
-Gina

ミザ said...

Hahahahaha.

Well Josh. I'm still against dating during school. Even though I may sound lame, and.. well, lame.

I wanna wait for college.

And I dont really believe in the one despite my romance book addictiveness.

So, let's wait. :)

The Escapist said...

nice post. :) link me, oh twin. :P hehehe

Anonymous said...

omg... hihihihi!
stumbled upon ur blog..=)
I have the video of aboo's interview u know? its in my computer...=)

-Sandra-

Powered By Blogger

Why "Flawed Perfection"?

I chose "Flawed Perfection" because nice ones such as "Honest Lies" and "Organized Chaos" were already chosen. In fact, Flawed Perfection was already chosen as well, but among all my ideas, this one was my favourite.

I like the reminder that everything is flawed perfectly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed