Friday 13 February 2009

Continuous Creativity

"Life is a game of chess. You need strategy, and you win some, you lose some."

You're all probably wondering what happened at the chess competition a few days ago. There were eight rounds of games, and it was divided into 2 days. Oddly, though, instead of it being 4 games for each day, it was divided into 3 and 5. I unfortunately played extremely badly the first day, and I was surprised that I actually managed to win a game. (Yes, I only won 1 out of 3 games the first day). The best part though, (WARNING: BRAGGING ALERT!) on the second day, I managed to get 4 wins and 1 draw out of 5 games! How awesome is that?! Woo!

So, in the end, I ended up getting 5.5 points from the entire competition. (a draw is equal to 0.5 points, a win is 1 point and a loss is 0 points) I was surprised that I managed to be in the top 20 (or 25; the list wasn't really accurate, and it was confusing, too) in the entire game. That means, of course, that I'm in the top 25-ish of the entire district. The fact that I can do that is both great and kinda creepy.

Another interesting thing happened that I haven't mentioned. Remember that girl I feel stupid, useless, etc. around? Well, I don't feel that anymore. After I had a meeting with her outside of school, I suddenly didn't feel the inferiority anymore. That was both weird and a relief, since now I'm convinced it's not something that I don't want it to be. (Figure out yourself what that means. Haha)

Speaking of girls, I kinda have a new "problem" now. There's one girl that when I first met her, I felt totally comfortable around her. (Explanation: I have this weird thing where I make people feel really comfortable around me, but for some reason, I don't feel comfortable around people until I know them well) I guess you can say that there's a connection I feel with her, even though I'm not sure about my feelings. Anyways, I recently found out (from her friends) that her friend likes me.

To clarify.

I have a "connection" of sorts with Girl A. Girl A's friend tells me that Girl B (a close friend of Girl A) has a crush on me. Of course, I'm not sure it's true, because I am utterly useless at figuring out if someone likes me until the person doesn't like me anymore. I'm not asking for advice, because I'm not going to do anything about it. I just mentioned it because it's part of my life, and this blog is technically my life in print. So to speak. Or err, type.

Oh, about the chess competition, I forgot to mention that in the "under-18" category, our school or, more specifically, my group) managed enough points to win number 7 in he entire district. Yep, I'm feeling really proud of that. Yusof and I contributed the most points, with both of us giving 5.5 points. Shin Leong gave 4 points and Izzul gave 3.5. At least he improved. Last year, ht only managed to get 1.5! That was embarrassing.

My birthday's coming up soon, I bet most of you didn't know that. Haha, I'll turn Sweet Sixteen on the 16th of this month. Yes, 2 days after Valentine's. Which is tomorrow. God, it's tomorrow, and I don't have any idea who to ask to be my Valentine's! Haha, just kidding. I'm not the type to ask for Valentine's. Long story, and I'm not interested to explain it.

Unfortunately for me, my birthday is on a Monday. For some reason, I didn't have a party planned, so the most I'm gonna do is go and watch a movie with some friends this Sunday. *Sighs deeply*, it's not gonna be the same, without a party, cakes and fun. I've had a party since I can remember. My philosophy on birthdays is this: You're never too old to have a birthday party. Most disagree, though.

Oh, right, I just remembered! I had a spelling test for my French class, (the French don't know how to spell! Seriously) and I managed to get 9 over 10 words right! I forgot the stupid accent. The word I spelled wrongly was Auôt. I spelt it as Auot. It means "August", by the way. Now I need to get ready for my Oral test. I'm talking about my hobby, just so you know.

speaking (or typing) of Oral, I have this English Oral test that my so-called "friends voluntered me against my will. Oh well, I'll have my revenge. I'm gonna talk about something so boring, they're gonna wish that they'd never chosen me. The topic? The origins of chess! Haha, boring, no?

Alright, then, I'm feeling sleepy right now. I'll continue my life's update some other time, then!

Salut,

~Josh the Joshster~

1 comment:

Bas Kamal said...

Where are youu D:

Powered By Blogger

Why "Flawed Perfection"?

I chose "Flawed Perfection" because nice ones such as "Honest Lies" and "Organized Chaos" were already chosen. In fact, Flawed Perfection was already chosen as well, but among all my ideas, this one was my favourite.

I like the reminder that everything is flawed perfectly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed