Wednesday 26 August 2009

It's 11:50 PM. Very reasonable, no?

"Memories, not experience, shape a person."

I hate this town.

Well, okay, hate is a such a harsh word. And I don't really hate, in the first place. Lemme change it a bit...

I don't like this town.

Yeah, yeah... That's a lot better now.

Anyway, you're probably wondering why I dislike (not hate) the town I live in. It's nothing personal, and to be honest, the city I'm in right now didn't do anything bad to me at all. It's just that... I don't feel like I'm at home here. You know how when you travel, and you live in foreign places, you don't feel like it's home? Well, that's something of how I'm feeling here. Even after about 6 years here, I still feel like a foreigner, an immigrant to this place.

Now, whenever I talk about this, I always remember my real hometown, T.T.D.I. There, I always felt at home. Even during the rare times that I get to visit my old neighbourhood, I still feel like I'm returning home. The great park/field there, my close-knit neighbours... I can still remember a couple of them vividly, as well as something specific about them. I'd put it up here, but I don't want to miss anyone out, or leave something out. And editing it later is kind of a hassle, heh heh.

My old school, SK TTDI... That school was, is, and probably will always be, epic! All the great stuff that happened there... Me being a leader of a group, as well as turning it into a sort of "clique"... Defying the teacher's orders and rules... The great games of tag... (the way we played it, we dodged each other Matrix-style and people actually got hurt - and I don't even think Matrix was out yet, then!) Oh, and how could I forget stuff like being taught by my friend the ways of running, balancing and dodging? Or the time I had my first ever fistfight? The Harry Potter craze, where we all became a character of the magical world... (I still have the book where we wrote the each character's names) The MedaBots craze... That was also the time I had alliances and allegiances with people, and the place where I learned about loyalty to friends. The place I realized that even strict teachers can be understanding (refer to the fistfight) and that teachers have really wild imaginations. I can't forget being an awesome player at dodgeball .(I have no idea how good/bad I am now) And one thing that I'll definitely never forget is that this is the place where I got burned, right on my left arm.

Not to mention the people that entered my life. This list is by far incomplete, but it needs to be here. While forgetting people from my neighbourhood, although a sad thing, it's still an "expendable" memory. These people aren't, and will never be.

~Amran, one of my first best friends.
~Ming Yi, another early best friend who was (and still is) awesome at drawing, and is also very very smart.
~Aiman Hadi, the kinda pale guy who everyone could get along with.
~Andrew, the genius.
~Jason, the guy with very fast feet (you don't need to understand what that means) as well as being the "alien" of the class.
~Mark and Marwan, the "twins". (They weren't really twins; they just looked alike. Really, really alike)
~Hussein, the guy that burned me, as well as being the only person to follow me into the hall that day.
~Amirul, the guy that taught me about balancing, running properly and the best way to dodge people. In other words, my "master". (I have no idea how he knew everything that he knew)
~Helmi, one of the shortest person I knew. But he was also one of the fastest. (When we played tag, and he was it, it was nearly impossible to dodge or get away from him if he locked onto you; but once, I was very lucky and did a Matrix style dodge, and he missed me. Heh heh)
~Johann, a fast runner as well as the guy having 11 fingers.
~Bron Win, one of the smallest and smartest girls I knew.
~Jasmeen, one of the best assistant monitors I know.
~Brenda and Belinda, two very identical twins.
~Pauline, a librarian.
~(Dang, I can't remember this girl's name, but it started with W. We used to have debates and discussions on books)
~Arina, one of those people that oddly stays in your memory.

These are just among a few of the people from that school. I've lost touch with some of them, but not with a few others. With a couple of them, unfortunately we've now become "hey" friends. You know, the type of friend that you only say "hi" to if you see them, but you're not likely to have an engaging conversation with them. The worst part is, I know that if I hadn't moved until at least another 2 years (AKA, when I'm 13, instead of 11) I'd at least be able to stay in touch easier with them.

After looking around in FaceBook, I'm slowly trying to find my old friends again. I've found a few already, and hopefully, I'll find all of them. Wish me luck!

Hm, I planned to talk about a lot of other things.

I didn't say a thing that I planned, but I said everything that I had to.

Salut,

~Joshy~

P.S. To all my friends that live in Shah Alam, if you're reading this, don't take it personally. I just prefer TTDI more, if I'm being honest.

P.P.S. If anyone of my primary school friends reads this, remembers me, and wants to add me on FaceBook or MySpace, my profile's link is right at the side of this blog. Oh, and if you need urging to remember me, I'm Sharrif, the guy that was deemed "Harry Potter". Hope that helps to jump start your memory!
Powered By Blogger

Why "Flawed Perfection"?

I chose "Flawed Perfection" because nice ones such as "Honest Lies" and "Organized Chaos" were already chosen. In fact, Flawed Perfection was already chosen as well, but among all my ideas, this one was my favourite.

I like the reminder that everything is flawed perfectly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed