Saturday 15 August 2009

Trip to SSP/TNS

"Procrastination is a difficult thing to master."

Okay, it's already 12:57 AM. Sorry about the late post, but after I got back, I slept until like, 5. Then, I was too lazy to actually write anything.

Anyways...

We left for the place at around 8. It was great, since we didn't have to go to school. In the bus, it was the usual things, we all talked, took pictures, and so on. Now I'm just gonna go through the highlights.

When we got there, they told us to eat the food there. The mee and the curry puff wasn't half bad, actually.

After eating, we were given a briefing by a couple of people. During the briefing, we found out that there was another school along with us, called SMK Sri Istana (SMKSI). After that, we were put into small groups and were told to paste pieces of paper onto a map. It was actually extremely easy, since it was basically one piece of paper with some things to cut, and another piece of paper with dotted lines on it. We had to paste the cut pieces of paper onto the dotted lines. Seriously, very easy.

Somehow, though, the group I was in finished first, so the teachers went and took our "map" (it was supposedly a map of the 5 dams in the Klang Valley: Semenyih Dam, Batu Dam, Klang Gates Dam, Sungai Langat dam and another dam I can't remember the name of... Oh, well. We were then mixed up together into 2 groups; I was in group 2.

After that, we went into this room where we were given a lecture (of sorts) by this forest ranger. At least, I think he was a forest ranger. Anyways, we were told of all of the uses of TNS (Taman Negeri Selangor/Selangor State Park) and boy, there were a lot! (I won't go into detail here, but you can always send me a message if you want to know more)

Then we went into the forest for a hike. We learned a lot of interesting things in there. There's all kinds of plants there, like tapak sulaiman (starfish base), akar pepanjat (liana root) and sial menahun (bad luck for years). The best thing about the plants were their funny names! Haha, my personal favourite has to be the "sial menahun" tree. We also learned that bears inhabit the forest, after we saw one up on a tree. After the hike, we took a swim in the river and finally each group (from both schools) made a presentation on what we learned. We then got on the bus, and went home.

Now for the highlights of the trip.

While we were in the forest, there was one part where we had to use a thick root to continue, since the slope was quite steep. Well, one of our friends somehow broke the root. Haha, that was funny.

Remember I said we swam in the river? Well, while we were there, since we were guys we were all pushing and shoving each other into the water. Now I wouldn't admit this to his face, but his takedowns were nicely pulled off, and everyone he did it to would fall. I managed to bring him down with me, but to be honest, that was actually an accident. Haha.

Soon after, my friend was attacked by a leech on his pants. Yes, his pants, not on him. But he was still screaming and shrieking like a little girl. Haris and I had to hold on to him to calm him down. Shaun took a leaf and Haris used it to put the leech off. I admit, it was long, about 6 inches long, but still, screaming like a girl? Dude, be a man!

When we were all changing, Ben decided to start taking our pictures, candid-style. One picture he took, was perfect. Now I won't say who it is, but the picture he took had a guy, wearing only a shirt and a towel, bending his leg up at the back (imagine putting a foot at your butt just by bending your knee) and the towel somehow looked tight. Haha, we were all calling him "hot stuff" in the bus, among other things. Another thing that happened while we were changing was when H, the guy that got leeched, saw Harith's... Well, boy part. He was going, "Oh my God, Harith, there's a leech!" Ahahah, that got everyone laughing.

Later on, during the presentation, we got to see the other school for the first time. Anyways, the order of the presentations was Group 1 SMKSI, Group 1 SMKS9, Group 2 SMKSI, Group 2 SMKS9. Our first group did a funny presentation, (albeit it not being so good as it wasn't that well prepared) especially because of Aizat. He got everyone to laugh.

The last thing that'll be kept as a memory of the trip was that during Group 2's presentation, everyone clapped the loudest. I guess it was probably because since we were the last group, we had the most time to prepare, but still. We got the most applause. Heh heh.

Earlier today (Saturday) my family and I went to an MPH warehouse sale. I only managed to buy 8 books, and paid like, RM 95 for all of them, but hey, at least it was a good deal.

Okay, off to bed now; I'm going for a quality time trip with my buddy Shane tomorrow at Sunway, and I don't wanna wake up late!

Salut,

~Joshy~

P.S. I noticed a couple of the girls from SMKSI were checking the guys from our school out. That was funny to notice.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Why "Flawed Perfection"?

I chose "Flawed Perfection" because nice ones such as "Honest Lies" and "Organized Chaos" were already chosen. In fact, Flawed Perfection was already chosen as well, but among all my ideas, this one was my favourite.

I like the reminder that everything is flawed perfectly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed